Our clients, a large Pharmaceutical firm in West Dublin, are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their Finance team.
As a Senior Financial Accountant, the person will be responsible for key financial processes within the organisation. Emphasis will be on the monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate submissions to Head office. In addition, the person will have responsibility for key SOX controls, the emphasis will be on establishing and maintaining tight controls within the areas of responsibility.
As a senior member of staff the person will also liaise with Corporate Head office, presenting and explaining results. To this end the individual will need to gain very quickly an understanding of the business and how it operates.
Due to the structure of the organisation the person will also have total responsibility for other smaller entities, full Profit & loss and balance sheet responsibility.
The person appointed will need to have initiative and drive to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Excellent communication skills and an ability to work well within a small team are essential.
· Managing key aspects of the P&L and Balance Sheet
· Ensuring SOX controls are maintained over these areas
· Balance Sheet Reconciliations are completed
· Preparation and reporting of Monthly results to US Head office
· Preparation of monthly reports for local management
· Liaising with local SSC team on relevant issues
· Other ad hoc requests
· Professional Accounting Qualification
· Good working knowledge of accounting software packages required – Peoplesoft, SAP, HFM
· Practice trained with industry experience preferred, but not essential
· Experience of supervising a team, and reviewing work
· Advanced Excel skills
· Ability to work positively and collaboratively
· Ability to balance different stakeholder needs and to find a positive solution.
· Maintain quality of financial reporting with a right-first-time approach
For more information please call Keith on 01 4663983, or email your CV to Keith@executiveedge.ie
Business Development Manager / Contracts Our client is a very well established global company based in Dublin 15. Seeking a...Apply For This Job