Citrix Systems Administrator
Our clients, a large healthcare facility ungently requires an experienced Citrix administrator to join their IT team. This is a key role for them, as they are supporting a lot of remote working for their admin staff, and need an additional Citrix Administrator / engineer to help support this. This is an opportunity for someone with 5 years + experience to assist the hospital and its staff run efficiently in the current environment.
• Be the primary administrator in a Citrix & XenApp environment.
• Provide level-2 and 33 support for troubleshooting all variety of Citrix performance issues.
• Provide production infrastructure support for our large and complex base of staff
• Have a deep appreciation of why IT security
• Manage complex support relationships with key vendors
• Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems with strong focus on continuous improvement
• Perform capacity planning for server resources
• Write basic SQL queries perform light database administration tasks.
• Create and maintain detailed documentation and service topologies
• Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes
• Lead incident response and troubleshooting efforts as issues arise.
• Participate in periodic weekend maintenance rotation.
• Expert level experience with Citrix tools.
• Experience Supporting highly available and secure Citrix environments.
• A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail, and issue ownership
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple significant projects and initiatives.
• Some scripting and automation experience, especially in PowerShell, Perl, etc. a large plus
• Solid understanding of file transfer and web protocols (ex: FTP, SFTP, HTTP/S)
• Some support experience with security technologies, such as IDS/IDP, anti-virus, penetration tests, vulnerability scans, SIEM, encryption, server hardening.
• Experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and application virtualization software a plus (ex: Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway)
• Professional IT certifications are a plus
• Availability to do periodic out of hours’/weekend work on rotational basis.
• University degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as Computer Science, IT, MIS/CIS, Engineering, Financial Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
• Extensive experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies
• 5+ years MS Windows Server system administration or application server support
• 3+ years of experience working in critical production environments, including Disaster Recovery support.
• A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Good understanding of core concepts and experience with networking, firewalls, and VPNs essential.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies – Active Directory, Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, Windows Failover Clustering, SQL Server, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
This is an urgent need for a minimum of 12 months.
Please email keith@ executiveedge.ie for more information
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.