Citrix Systems Administrator
Our clients, a large healthcare facility ungently requires an experienced Citrix administrator to join their IT team. This is a key role for them, as they are supporting a lot of remote working for their admin staff, and need an additional Citrix Administrator / engineer to help support this. This is an opportunity for someone with 5 years + experience to assist the hospital and its staff run efficiently in the current environment.
• Be the primary administrator in a Citrix & XenApp environment.
• Provide level-2 and 33 support for troubleshooting all variety of Citrix performance issues.
• Provide production infrastructure support for our large and complex base of staff
• Have a deep appreciation of why IT security
• Manage complex support relationships with key vendors
• Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems with strong focus on continuous improvement
• Perform capacity planning for server resources
• Write basic SQL queries perform light database administration tasks.
• Create and maintain detailed documentation and service topologies
• Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes
• Lead incident response and troubleshooting efforts as issues arise.
• Participate in periodic weekend maintenance rotation.
• Expert level experience with Citrix tools.
• Experience Supporting highly available and secure Citrix environments.
• A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail, and issue ownership
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple significant projects and initiatives.
• Some scripting and automation experience, especially in PowerShell, Perl, etc. a large plus
• Solid understanding of file transfer and web protocols (ex: FTP, SFTP, HTTP/S)
• Some support experience with security technologies, such as IDS/IDP, anti-virus, penetration tests, vulnerability scans, SIEM, encryption, server hardening.
• Experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and application virtualization software a plus (ex: Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway)
• Professional IT certifications are a plus
• Availability to do periodic out of hours’/weekend work on rotational basis.
• University degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as Computer Science, IT, MIS/CIS, Engineering, Financial Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
• Extensive experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies
• 5+ years MS Windows Server system administration or application server support
• 3+ years of experience working in critical production environments, including Disaster Recovery support.
• A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Good understanding of core concepts and experience with networking, firewalls, and VPNs essential.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies – Active Directory, Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, Windows Failover Clustering, SQL Server, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
This is an urgent need for a minimum of 12 months.
Please email keith@ executiveedge.ie for more information